Hilltop Newsletter: Friday 19th May, 2023
Today, Friday 19th, is the New Moon day for the month of May 2023.
The next Uposatha Day will be the Full Moon which falls on Saturday, 3rd of June, 2023.
At the end of last month, April, Ajahn Amaro generously led one of our two, annual, seven-day lay-retreats.
The second of our annual lay-retreats will be led by Ajahn Abhinando, from 8th November to 12th November.
Shortly after Ajahn Amaro's retreat, in the first week of May, we enjoyed a visit from our longtime good friend, Ajahn Jayanto. (see photo)
On the Full Moon day, 4th May, Anagarika Cesco took Samanera Precepts (see photo)
On Sunday 14th May, a dhamma talk titled: The Disease of Denied Dukkha was given. It considered the strategies we have for avoiding life's difficulties, the consequences of avoiding them, and some suggestions for how to deal with the backlog that we buildup as a result of those habits of avoidance.
- On Sunday 21st May, Anagarika Ben will be leaving the training, but will stay in Kusala House for a period of time.
- On Sunday 28th May there will be a ceremony for interring the ashes of our dear late friend, Daw Myint Su Criper.
- Phra Ajahn Sawaeng will be joining us from 22nd May until 29th May.
- Our Vesak Celebration this year is a bit later than usual, on Sunday, 4th June.- Phra Tee and Phra Sudhammo will be joining us from 6th June until 10th June.
- Saturday 10th of June is our next Lake Work Day . All welcome.- The next New Moon, 17th June, is also Tan Ajahn Chah's Memorial Day .
With good wishes,